On behalf of Enviropaedia we are calling all those doing great green work to ensure you or your organisation stand a chance to win a category in this year’s Eco-Logic Awards. You can enter yourself or propose a programme, product or person that you feel is worthy of winning an eco-logical award.
Entries for the Awards by Enviropaedia in collaboration with SABC 3 close in a week, so this is your last chance to enter or nominate someone who contributes to a more eco-logical world or has inspired you to change your life.
Entry forms are available online here.
Eco-Logic Awards Categories:
- The Water Conservation Award – for a product or service that results in Water saving.
- The Energy Saving Award – for a product or service that results in Energy saving.
- The Transport Award – for a product or service that reduces environmental impact in Transport.
- The Recycling Award – for a policy, programme or project that has demonstrably contributed to a greater public understanding and participation in waste reduction, re-use and recycling.
- The Biodiversity Award – awarded to an organisation for a successful biodiversity protection, rehabilitation or damage mitigation programme.
- The Climate Change Award – awarded to an organisation that has achieved a substantial reduction in Greenhouse Gas emissions.
- The Youth Award – for an individual of 26 years or under who can show that their actions have protected, preserved or improved the Earths eco-systems and natural resources.
- The Eco-Angel Award – for an individual, whose actions have conserved, nurtured or restored the Earths life forms, eco-systems or natural resources.
- The Eco-Warrior Award – for an individual, whose actions have defended, protected or prevented damage to the Earths life forms, eco-systems or natural resources.
- The Eco-Innovation Award – for a new product or service that is financially viable and sustainable, that serves the needs of humans whilst being equally beneficial to the Earth and its eco-systems.
- Eco-Community Award – for a community that have acted collectively to protect, preserve or restore the Earths life forms, eco-systems or natural resources
- The Lifetime achievement Award – for an individual that has served the interests of Social and Environmental Sustainability – for a period of 15 years or more.
Above is David Parry-Davis, Enviropaedia editor, holding a globe during last year’s award ceremony in Cape Town.
This year the gala dinner will appropriately be held at the Cradle of Mankind and this will be no ordinary event. Guests are invited to arrive at this green celebration in the garb that best illustrates how they engage with nature.
If you’re out of ideas, here are some:
- for the brave and bold: dress as an eco-warrior or eco-angel, or demonstrate the way that you enjoy Nature (golfing, safari, scuba-diving, mountain-climbing, etc.)
- for the more elegantly reserved: smart – with a glamorous green flavour (a green hat, shirt, skirt, shoes and/or any other gloriously green accessories)
When: 18h00, 27 September 2012
Where: Maropeng (Cradle of Humankind South Africa) World Heritage site, Rant en Dal, Gauteng
What: Formal Gala Dinner, to present the Eco-Logic Awards
Dress Code: Dress up – up – up – to celebrate the Earth!
For more info, please email email@example.com