The time has come for the Eco-Logic Awards 2015. Through these awards, The Enviropaedia recognises and honours organisations and individuals that provide products or services that nurture Planet Earth.
Due to the rising popularity of the awards, the deadline for entries has been extended to 14 August. Be sure to tell them about your green activities, project, business or service.
Eco-Logic finalists and winners can look forward to:
- Excellent publicity
- Increased membership (for CBOs) and sponsorship
- Greater credibility of initiatives
- Increased sales for businesses
- Increased staff morale.
The judging criteria evaluate the motivation and quality of thinking and behaviour, focusing on how these positively or negatively affect our Earth.
Quality counts more than quantitative measures that indicate how much saving or improvement was achieved. This approach levels the playing field between small and large players.
Each entry will be judged on the following 7 Principles or ‘Roots’ of Eco-Logic:
- Minimises harm to the Earth/ Benefits the Earth? (20 points)
- Supports long-term sustainability? (10 points)
- Embraces Holistic thinking? (10 points)
- Shows care and consideration for others (Ubuntu)? (10 points)
- Is of high quality and ethical standards? (20 points)
- Demonstrates Innovation/ vision? (10 points)
- Reflects Wisdom by being both intelligent and generating a positive emotional impact ( smart + feel-good) (20 points)
While the above provides a maximum of 100 points – the advantages and benefits of becoming ‘an Eco-Logical human being’– are limitless!
Read more about the event here.