The University of KwaZulu-Natal in Durban has a position for a Senior Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor) in Marine Biology at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in Durban.
The School has an active Marine Biology Programme with a strong research profile. It has a large and vibrant postgraduate research programme. The incumbent will make valuable contributions to the Marine teaching and research component. S/he should have a research focus that aligns with the use of stable isotopes in marine science, knowledge of aquatic nutrient chemistry and food web ecology.
S/he will also be expected to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum development, and supervise postgraduate students up to PhD level.
The incumbent will report to the Academic Leader.
- A PhD degree in Marine Biology or a relevant related field
- Experience in teaching in a relevant field at tertiary level
- A current research record as evidenced by publications in peer reviewed ISI/SAPSE accredited journals appropriate for the level
- Demonstrated ability to attract external research funds
- Successful supervision of MSc and/or PhD students in a relevant field of study
This appointment will be made in line with the University Guidelines/benchmarks which are available on the University Vacancies website here.
Enquiries and details about this post may be directed to the Dean and Head of School, Prof Sam Mukaratirwa at email@example.com.
Appointment to this post will be on the January 2012 Conditions of Service.
The total remuneration package offered includes benefits.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 8 February 2013.
Applicants are required to complete the relevant application form which is available on the Vacancies website at www.ukzn.ac.za. Completed forms may be sent to Recruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org
Advert Reference Number MUST be clearly stated in the subject line.