The time has come for the Eco-Logic Awards 2015. Through these awards, The Enviropaedia recognises and honours organisations and individuals that provide products or services that nurture Planet Earth.
Due to the rising popularity of the awards, the deadline for entries has been extended to 14 August. Be sure to tell them about your green activities, project, business or service.
Eco-Logic finalists and winners can look forward to:
- Excellent publicity
- Increased membership (for CBOs) and sponsorship
- Greater credibility of initiatives
- Increased sales for businesses
- Increased staff morale.
The Biodiversity Award
– awarded to an organisation for a successful biodiversity protection, rehabilitation, or damage mitigation programme
The Climate Change Award
– awarded to an organisation that has achieved a substantial reduction in Greenhouse Gas emissions
The Eco-Innovation Award
– for a new product or service that is financially viable and sustainable, that serves the needs of humans whilst being equally beneficial to the Earth and its ecosystems
The Energy Efficiency Award
– for a product or service that results in energy saving
The Recycling and Waste Management Award
– for a policy, programme or project that has demonstrably contributed to a greater public understanding and participation in waste reduction, re-use and recycling
The Transport Award
– for a product or service that reduces environmental impact in Transport
The Water Conservation Award
– for a product or service that results in water saving
The Business Green Economy Initiative Award
– for a business organisation that provides a product , service or programme that supports the growth of the Green Economy in South Africa.
The Municipalities Award
– awarded to a municipality that has achieved developing solutions using its risk assessment and management expertise, forming strategic partnerships to improve sustainability, as well as service delivery in municipal functions
The Eco-Community Award
– for a community that has acted collectively to protect, preserve, or restore the Earths life forms, ecosystems, or natural resources
The Eco-Youth Award
– for an individual of 26 years or under who can show that their actions have protected, preserved or improved the Earth’s ecosystems and natural resources
The Eco-Angel Award
– for an individual, whose actions have conserved, nurtured or restored the Earth’s life forms, ecosystems, or natural resources
The Eco-Warrior Award
– for an individual, whose actions have defended, protected or prevented damage to the Earth’s life forms, ecosystems, or natural resources.
The judging criteria evaluate the motivation and quality of thinking and behaviour, focusing on how these positively or negatively affect our Earth.
Quality counts more than quantitative measures that indicate how much saving or improvement was achieved. This approach levels the playing field between small and large players.
Each entry will be judged on the following 7 Principles or ‘Roots’ of Eco-Logic:
- Minimises harm to the Earth/ Benefits the Earth? (20 points)
- Supports long-term sustainability? (10 points)
- Embraces Holistic thinking? (10 points)
- Shows care and consideration for others (Ubuntu)? (10 points)
- Is of high quality and ethical standards? (20 points)
- Demonstrates Innovation/ vision? (10 points)
- Reflects Wisdom by being both intelligent and generating a positive emotional impact ( smart + feel-good) (20 points)
While the above provides a maximum of 100 points – the advantages and benefits of becoming ‘an Eco-Logical human being’– are limitless!
Read more about the event here.