- This event has passed.
Becoming a ChangeMaker course
August 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - August 13, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
The focus is to explore what your role as change-maker can be in our society going forward. We tend to expect that the solutions outside of ourselves (be it technology, infrastructure, legislation, etc) will solve the sustainability crisis, yet we tend to ignore the fact that the world out there is a manifestation of what happens within the human mind – an aspect this course prioritises.
Join a group of inspired and inspiring individuals as we explore topics that you may already have begun to consider or topics that you can’t wait to explore.
These among others include:
- Identifying and matching your areas of passion with your strengths and skills.
- Developing a personal vision, ideas and plans for action.
- Learning to work with values and frames (Common Cause approach).
- Discovering other useful psychology-of-change tools for winning over hearts and minds.
- Improving the effectiveness of your communication efforts.
- Learning from accomplished social innovators, activists and change agents.
- Working with yourself to enhance your capabilities as a change agent.
Course facilitator: Robert Zipplies (main photograph)
Robert does not believe in the status quo. He believes in and works towards a society that is prepared to think and act differently in tackling poverty, corruption, environmental degradation, rampant materialism and other injustices. He considers himself to be a cultural creative – an activist for change that benefits all – and assists organisations and individuals develop the understanding and ability to drive deeper positive change.
Includes lunches and tea breaks.
A limited number of bursaries are available.
RSVP and contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation is available at the Lynedoch Drie Gewels Guesthouse, situated right next to the Sustainability Institute. Please contact Vanessa for enquiries.
- See the ChangeMaker Facebook page here.