On 3 June there will be a public meeting showcasing some of the impressive marine conservation, research and education initiatives in Overstrand, and discussing the way forward for the development of Hope Spots, special conservation areas that are critical to the health of our oceans.
The Cape Whale Coast (Overstrand) is one of five South African Hope Spots that will be launched by marine conservationist and National Geographic explorer-in-residence, Sylvia Earle, in December this year.
The meeting will begin with a special address by Mayor Nicolette Botha-Guthrie.
Please diarize this meeting, and pass word of it to anyone else who might be
interested in attending. RSVP to Heloise, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions to Fernkloof Nature Reserve in Hermanus
1. Turn right to merge onto N2 towards MOSSEL BAY. (276 km)
2.Drive on the N2 heading towards Cape Town, pass through RIVIERSONDEREND and +-8kms further is
a turn off left to RIETPOEL / STANFORD / HERMANUS on the R326. Drive till you get to the T-junction
at STANFORD. (50,5 km)
3. Turn right onto R43. Go through 1 roundabout. (20,5 km)
4. Turn right onto FIR AVENUE. (1,3 km)
From Cape Town:
1. Merge onto N2 via the ramp to SOMERSET/MUIZENBERG. (4,0 km)
2. Keep left to stay on N2, follow signs for Cape Town Interna1onal Airport/ SOMERSET WEST, continue
over Sir Lowry’s Pass/GRABOUW/Houw Hoek Pass. (82,4 km)
3. At the bottom of Houw Hoek pass, take slight left towards HERMANUS. (2,8 km)
4. Continue straight onto R43. Go through 1 roundabout. (28,8 km)
5. Turn left onto MAIN RD/ R43. Go through 1 roundabout. (3,3 km)
6. Turn left onto FIR AVENUE. (1,3 km)