- This event has passed.
Certified Energy Auditor Course Joburg
October 21, 2014 @ 8:00 am - October 24, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
The Certified Energy Auditor (CEA™) programme raises the standards in energy auditing for professionals performing auditing services at industrial plants and buildings, and improves the practice of energy auditors through a continuing education programme.
CEA™ is an international qualification programme for professionals developed by the US-based Association of Energy Engineers (AEE). This 3-day training course, followed by a voluntary examination on the 4th day, offers a comprehensive learning forum for those who want to be able to provide energy auditing services in industrial plant and buildings. Passing the examination could lead to international certification with the AEE.
Training Programme Outline
- Energy auditing methodology
- Auditing tools
- Building envelope
- Building systems
- Water auditing
- Energy audit instrumentation
- Economic analysis
- Boilers and steam systems
- Reviewing auditing reports
On completion of the CEA™ course you will be able to perform energy auditing tasks for any resources according to best practice standards and international norms.
- Persons with energy auditing and energy management experience who have the need to obtain a recognised qualification within the energy engineering career path.
- For energy auditors, architects, built environment graduates, engineering graduates, environmental graduates the CEA™ will open new doors into the fastest growing industry in the world.
- Need for recognition as a green building specialist internationally.
- For recognition as a professional who stays up to date on the latest developments in the energy auditing industry by participating in continued energy education that is internationally recognised.
- Persons that need to find ways of saving energy and resources in any industries.
Basic Skills Required
The CEA™ training course is at a level which assumes the delegate has basic problem-solving skills, including quick and accurate use of a hand calculator, the ability to use basic algebra and to set up problem solution expressions and calculations from a written problem statement.
The CEA™ examination will be administered on the morning of day 4 of the training programme. There is no obligation to write the CEA™ exam on the last day and delegates wishing to only attend the training may do so. Pre-registration for the examination is required. Kindly also inform us beforehand of your intention to apply for certification from the AEE.
All delegates that attend the full CEA™ training programme will receive a certificate of attendance.
Eliginility For Certification
The pre-requisites to qualify for the certification process have been designed to take into account the possible diversity of education and practical experience an individual may have. However, each CEA™ candidate must attend the CEA™ training programme, pass the written CEA™ 4-hour examination with 70%, and meet one of the following criteria:
- A 4-year engineering or architectural degree, or a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.), or Registered Architect (R.A.) – within South Africa a Pr Eng, PrArch – with at least 3 years’ experience in energy auditing, facility management, or experience related to energy management.
- A 4-year non-engineering degree with at least 4 years’ experience in energy auditing, facility management, or experience related to energy management.
- A 3-year engineering related degree – within South Africa PrTechEng, PSAT – with at least 4 years’ experience in energy auditing, facility management, or experience related to energy management.
- A 2-year technical degree – within South Africa PrTechniEng, PAT – with at least 5 years’ experience in energy auditing, facility management or energy management.
- 10 years or more verified experience in energy auditing, facilities management, or energy management.
- The current status of Certified Energy Manager (CEM®).
- Re-certification is required every 3 years subject to participation in the AEE continuing education program (CEP).
Steps to Certification
- Attend the CEA™ training course with an AEE approved training partner.
- Write the CEA™ examination and attain a 70%+ pass mark.
- Complete your CEA™ Certification application and return it to your training provider timeously.
- The local and international CEA™ Board will review your application.
- Your training provider will advise you of the Board’s decision.
- Should you receive feedback that you are a CEAIT (in-training) you may re-apply for certification within 3 years which provides ample time to gain more experience.
Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- 3 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits for ECSA registration with SAIMechE.
Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- 4.8 credits for Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) demonstration to re-certify on another AEE certification program.
International certification with the AEE
- International AEE certification may be applied for as a CEA™ on attaining a 70% pass-mark for the examination.
- Attendance certificate will be issued to all delegates that attend the full duration of the training course.
R11 970.00 (incl. VAT)
- Includes: 4-day day training course programme, examination and certification application fee, manual(s), lunch, tea and coffees
- Duration: 4 days of training
- Examination: A 4-hour voluntary examination on day 4 may be written, subject to pre-application and registration