Professor Matthew Heun is currently on sabbatical from Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, where he is a professor at the faculty of engineering. He spent the first five months of 2016 in Ghana with his family and will be in Stellenbosch until the end of August.
Prof. Heun (photographed, right) graduated from Calvin College with a BSE in 1989. He completed his M.S. in Mechanical Engineering in 1990 and finished his Ph.D. in 1995, both at the University of Illinois.
A general discussion on the topic will be facilitated after the presentation. All academic staff and students, representatives from the public and private sectors as well as the general public are welcome to attend.
Please RSVP by 5 August 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GPS coordinates: 33°58’56.7″S 18°46’07.4″E
FROM STELLENBOSCH – (via Vlottenburg Road)
There are two routes, i.e.
- via the R310/Baden Powell Drive: Turn right into Vlottenburg Road at Vlottenburg Station/Stellenbosch Hills Winery; after ± 70 m turn left and continue to Lynedoch.
- via the M12/Polkadraai Road: Turn left into Vlottenburg Road; at ± 60 m from the intersection with R310 turn right and continue to Lynedoch. From a safety perspective this is a better option because you don’t have to cross the oncoming traffic on the R310.
FROM SOMERSET WEST/ANNANDALE ROAD – (via Vlottenburg Road)
- Turn right at the intersection with Baden Powell R310, drive past Spier and reach Vlottenburg Station.
- Turn left onto Vlottenburg Road; after ± 60 m turn left and drive back to Lynedoch
FROM CAPE TOWN
- Until the construction of the bridge near Lynedoch, in the direction of Cape Town, has been completed (i.e. a couple of days to a week) all motor vehicles coming from Cape Town on the R310 will have to gain access from the Vlottenburg road opposite Vlottenburg station and drive all the way back towards the Sustainability Institute and Lynedoch Eco-village.
- Upon completion of the bridge – turn left from R310 into new road (pink in Figure 2), go over the bridge, turn right and continue to Lynedoch.