- This event has passed.
International Day of Action for Rivers
March 14, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Every year on March 14, thousands of people around the world lift their voices to celebrate the world’s rivers and those who struggle to protect them. The International Day of Action for Rivers is a day to celebrate victories such as dam removal and river restoration. It is a day to take to the streets, demonstrate and demand improvements in the policies and practices of decision makers. It is a day to educate one another about the threats facing our rivers, and learn about better water and energy solutions. Above all, it is a day to unite – by acting together, we demonstrate that these issues are not merely local, but global in scope.
How to join:
- Planning an action? Register it here. After it’s approved, it will appear on our Actions Map.
- Use the Actions Map above to find an action near you.
- Don’t see an action near you? Post questions, updates, and calls to action on the Day of Action for Rivers Facebook page. Share the page with your friends.
- Sign up to receive Day of Action for Rivers email updates.
- Download Day of Action logos for your event below
- Report back! Send photos and descriptions of your actions to email@example.com.
The International Day of Action Against Dams and For Rivers, Water and Life was adopted by the participants of the first International Meeting of People Affected by Dams, March 1997 in Curitiba Brazil. Representatives from 20 countries decided that the International Day of Action would take place on March 14 – Brazil’s Day of Action Against Large Dams. Our aim on this International Day of Action for Rivers, is to raise our voices in unison against destructive water development projects, reclaim the health of our watersheds, and demand the equitable and sustainable management of our rivers. Read our International Day of Action for Rivers blog to learn more!
- Read more here.