- This event has passed.
John D. Liu talk: the great work of our time
July 23 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
A global ambassador for ecosystem restoration and land rehabilitation. John has documented desertified landscapes that years later, through ecosystem restoration, turned into green oases and fertile agricultural areas. Liu’s talk details our relationship with nature and motivates us to work towards a greener planet that benefits us all.
We believe now is the time to adapt the way we work with the land, in order to mitigate further devastating effects of climate change and secure the health of this planet for future generations. In order to achieve this, it is critical that looking to nature-based solutions we integrate and mainstream both indigenous knowledge and the new technologies available to us. Restoring ecosystems is key to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals as well as achieving a balanced climate.
This event is relevant to a variety of stakeholders including government, civil society, business, media, academia, and active citizens alike.
- Jason Mingo – Western Cape Government, Berg River restoration project Manager
- Prof Mark Swilling – Professor of Sustainable Development, Centre for Complex Systems in Transition, Stellenbosch University
- Angus McIntosh – Regenerative Farmer
- Nirmala Nair – Climate Change and Sustainable development
*Food & beverages will be on-sale at the event
**Students cards must be brought along with student tickets
Special thank you to the partners and sponsors:
- Ecosystem Restoration Camps
- Spier Wine Estate
- Just Trees
- Shoots and Roots
- Duncan Parker
- Warren Loots
- Biomimicry SA