- This event has passed.
Sandberg Autumn Carnival
April 15, 2017 @ 14:00 - April 16, 2017 @ 14:00
Sandberg Fynbos Reserve (located between Elim and Baardskeerdersbos in the Western Cape) is hosting a tree planting event as part of a wetlands rehabilitation project. Join in on a party that contributes towards protecting the environment!
Theme: Autumn carnival
Ladies and gentlemen, bring costumes, props, and toys. Transform our garden into a mythical carnival party land, where minds and inhibitions are lost (and found again, with the help of our friends). The first 20 guests to arrive in costume will receive free cocktails.
?? Trees ??
Entrance cost is one indigenous tree of no less than 1 metre in height (smaller trees do not survive here) per vehicle.
There are several nurseries on the way to and surrounding Sandberg Fynbos Reserve. Stop at one along the way, choose a tree and participate in the rehabilitation of our wetlands area. Trees will be planted on Sunday morning after breakfast.
The following trees are recommended:
Alternatively, guests can pay a R100 conservation levy per vehicle.
- DJ MoonUnit
- DJ Renier
- Bring tents for camping.
- Unfortunately there won’t be any showers available for use. Bring your swimsuits along and have a dip in our farm dam.
- Our modest communal kitchen has very limited utensils, one gas stove with two burners and one freezer, so bring cooler boxes and lots of ice or run the risk of suffering warm drinks!
- Please bring your own braai grids. No need to bring wood. We have plenty!
For those of you who will not be self-catering:
Delicious vegetarian cuisine will be served on Saturday evening from 19:00-20:00 at R50 per person. Pre-booking required. Menu to follow.
We do not have a bar, so bring your own alcohol ?
Bring plastic bags for non-recyclable waste and take everything home with you when you leave on Sunday.
Autumn nights on Sandberg do become chilly, so bring blankets and sweaters. We will keep the fires burning throughout the night to keep you warm.
Additional things to pack:
- Pillows and chairs for comfortable lounging on our lawn.
- Toilet paper (you don’t want to forget this one)
Under no circumstances will the following be tolerated:
- Open fires
- Bad vibes
See Facebook event page here.