- This event has passed.
SEED Africa Symposium 2015
September 9, 2015 @ 8:00 am - September 10, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
The SEED Africa Symposium is taking place on 9-10 September 2015 in Nairobi, Kenya and will focus on the theme “Building Bridges for Impact: Green and Inclusive Growth through Entrepreneurship.”
We are honoured to welcome Prof. Judi W. Wakhungu, the Cabinet Secretary of the Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources, Kenya for the opening keynote address.
Kenya is committed to a low-carbon and resource efficient development pathway, and has adopted a number of green ecomony-related policies which highlight the role of the private sector. Prof. Judi W. Wakhungu will share Kenya’s approach and vision in achieving Inclusive and Green Growth and her perspective on the contribution of social and green entrepreneurship.
- See more confirmed speakers here.
Building Bridges for Impact is the goal of this year’s Symposium.
Key overarching questions addressed during the Symposium include:
- What are today’s green and social innovations and what are emerging trends?
- What is the role of eco-entrepreneurship in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals and Post-2015 agenda?
- How can interested organisations work together to develop frameworks that foster the take-off and long-term viability of social and eco-enterprises?
- How can South-South linkages be strengthened to support the replication of social and eco-enterprises and increase their impact?
The programme will focus on the following five focus areas:
Are you an entrepreneur with a new start-up addressing social and environmental challenges? This year, there will be limited scholarships available to innovative social and eco-enterprises from developing and emerging countries. More information here.
Meet, share and learn
Through the South-South Exhibition, Netfloor and targeted workshops you will have the opportunity to connect and exchange with like-minded individuals and explore collaborations with potential new business partners. More information here.
Join us for two inspirational days where we collaborate towards the promotion of a green and inclusive economy!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us per email at email@example.com.