- This event has passed.
Ubuntu Awards South Africa 2015
February 14, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
In order to recognise South African industry leaders and eminent persons for their contribution to promoting South Africa’s national interests and values across the world, the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) will be launching the Inaugural Ubuntu Awards at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 14 February 2015.
Awards will be presented to organisations/individuals who have, through excellence, innovation, creativity, social responsibility and patriotism, distinguished themselves as true South African ambassadors.
The categories that will be recognised are:
Ubuntu Economic Diplomacy Award
A business/brand which has contributed to South Africa’s reputation as a positive business and investment environment and has helped realise South Africa’s socio-economic goals of, among others, creating jobs and attracting investment.
This category is split into two sub-categories:
- a South African business/brand operating beyond Africa
- a South African business/brand operating primarily within Africa.
Ubuntu Arts and Cultural Diplomacy Award
An individual or organisation that has promoted South Africa’s arts and culture and/or the exchange of cultural programmes between South Africa and international communities.
Ubuntu Social Responsibility Award
A South African organisation or individual who has consistently acted for and contributed to the benefit of others and built a reputation for South Africa as a caring nation.
Ubuntu Youth Diplomacy Award
An individual, between the age of 15 and 35, who through his/her actions, activities and achievements, has promoted South Africa as a dynamic country with an enabling environment for youth to thrive and contribute to making South Africa and the world a better place.
Ubuntu Sport Diplomacy Award
An individual who, through achieving excellence in sports, has served as a Brand Ambassador for South Africa and promoted a positive image of the country.
Johnny Makhathini Excellence in Diplomacy Award
A post-retirement or posthumous award for a South African diplomat who had served South Africa with distinction and made extraordinary contributions to diplomacy during his/her tenure in government and international relations in the new democratic dispensation. This category is not open for nominations.
O. R Tambo Lifetime Achievement Award
An award for a South African who has dedicated his/her live to serve South Africa with distinction during or leading up to the new democratic dispensation and build lasting international relationships that have benefited South Africa globally. This category is not open for nominations
- All nominees must be South African citizens or of South African origin.
- All nominations must be for activities during the last three years in South Africa, the broader African continent or the world. Such activities should not have been funded through the Government of South Africa or a result of a formal assignment by any organ of the South African Government.
- You may submit multiple nominations for multiple categories
- Please submit a separate form for each nomination.
- All nominations must be submitted in English. You are welcome to submit supporting materials (e.g. CVs/profiles/links to websites).
- Nominations close on 31 January 2015.
Please submit your nomination by e-mail to email@example.com or by hand at DIRCO, OR Tambo Building, 460 Soutpansberg Road, Rietondale, Pretoria, 0084.
Source: South African Government