Registrations are underway for the 3rd Annual Waste Management and Recycling conference, which will be held on 18 &19 April 2013 in Johannesburg.
Over the two days, speakers will address topics such as:
- Mobilizing communities in domestic waste management
- Raising participation in recycling programmes using social marketing
- Progress in tyre recycling; the establishment of a tyre recycling plant in South Africa
- Draft industry waste management plan on the packaging and paper industry
- E-waste: a national take-back-system for growing green economies
- Adoption of green street specification
- Plastic Waste Management and Recycling Evolution
Some of the expert speakers will be: Jacques Lightfoot, Plastics SA; Chris Liebenberg; Worley Parsons; Andrew Marthinusen, PACSA; Annabẽ Pretorius, SAPRO; Florian Schiller, ECYCLE; Peter Waldburger, EnviroServ; Qaphile Gcwensa, Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality; Keith Anderson, EWASA; William Dix, CDEL Services; Ursula Henneberry, PRASA; Cobus Botha, Tiputone; Victor Nemukula, Tedcor and Hugh Tyrrell, Green Edge Communications.
The conference objectives are to follow up on current trends and developments within the waste management sector. It will seek to find solutions to the challenges faced in the waste disposal and tyre recycling industries. Lastly, seeks to assess the level of adherence of the regulations and standards of the waste and recycle management policies.
Who should attend:
- Municipal officials: environmental planners
- Waste generators and convertors
- Landfill contractors
- Recycling coordinators
- Waste management consultants and operators
- Academics: environmental health
The two-day conference will be informative as it will offer attendees the unique opportunity to engage and network and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas.
Register now to secure your seat by calling 011 325 2485 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the full brochure, including the conference program.