Hydraulic Fracturing, commonly known as Fracking, is a highly controversial method of extracting oil and gas from existing, redundant and new wells. Drilling has begun in an unregulated frenzy from USA, China and now heading for gas-rich Europe and other countries around the world.
The environment and human health is at very serious and potential risk if this method of extracting gas is not stopped:
- Fracking is not a ‘Green’ technology. It’s cheaper to produce gas using this method, hence ‘More Profit.’
- Major environmental disasters have already proved our point.
- Fracking is against our basic human rights for access to clean and fresh water supplies.
- The world’s human and animal rights to clean and fresh WATER are at RISK.
- New information shows a direct link between earthquakes and fracking.
Please get yourself informed and invite your friends to join this cause and the push towards a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
- A de-debunking document in response to specious and misleading gas industry claims against the film Gasland.
- Fractivist is an anti-fracking blog by peaceful and non-violent activists, which provides expose’s on the oil and gas industry’s failures.
- Fracking halted in England in major government U-turn
- Back the global fracking ban, campaigners urge UN
- The legal status of fracking worldwide: An environmental law and human rights perspective
- Thank you for your support and call for a Global Ban on Hydraulic Fracturing.
By Luke Ashley