Nux Vom comes from the poison nut tree in the Far East. It is a major homeopathic polychrest remedy – one of many uses. In today’s fast-paced society, there are many men and women who benefit enormously from this remedy.
Nux Vom is often called the workaholic’s or 21st century remedy, and is especially suited to someone with a ‘Type A’ personality. In homeopathy we name a patient by the remedy that most closely fits a person’s picture of emotional and physical shortcomings, failings, weaknesses, limitations and infirmities. Therefore, when we talk about a ‘Nux Vom’ person, we are talking about a person who would most benefit from this remedy.
Nux Vom is an important remedy to consider for symptoms resulting from our hectic pace of life. Key symptoms include irritability, impatience, a tendency to fault-finding, mental strain from overworking, over-indulgence in food, drink and stimulants like coffee and tobacco, and a sedentary lifestyle. The Nux Vom person is on the go, living life in the fast lane.
A Nux Vom boss demands perfection from those around him and is not always easy to get along with. Nux Vom will help to restore balance to the following type of person:
- Fussy about order and accuracy
- Fault-finding and quarrelsome
- Highly impatient (especially with loved ones and staff)
- Liable to sudden outbursts of rage under stress
- Unduly exasperated over contradiction and trifles
- Oversensitive to and irritated by strong odours and noise
- Prone to overindulging (may smoke, drink alcohol to excess, or overeat)
- Craves stimulants like coffee, chocolate, tobacco and alcohol
- Even though they are irritable and fault-finding, the Nux Vom person is genuine and big-hearted and feels very remorseful after a blow-up.
The person suited to Nux Vom generally has an acid system, which predisposes them to health problems.
Nux Vom is an excellent detoxification remedy which assists with:
- Stomach upset and digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), hernias, bloatedness, indigestion, heartburn, belching, flatulence, constipation and piles
- Detoxification and liver support – it is known to be an excellent hangover remedy as it promotes detoxification and supports optimal functioning of the liver
- Cravings for stimulants such as coffee, chocolate, alcohol and tobacco
Head and shoulders
The Nux Vom person often experiences stiffness in the neck and shoulders, headaches and migraines. Nux Vom is especially helpful for a ‘hangover headache” resulting from over-indulgence in rich food or drink.
This person may wake up between 3 and 4am; too much mental activity will make it difficult to go back to sleep. The Nux Vom person’s symptoms are worse in the morning and he or she typically wakes up feeling tired, grumpy, thick-headed and irritable. He or she is drowsy after meals, and in the early evening.
- Worse in the morning
- Feels better after a nap, unless interrupted
- Cannot sleep for mental activity
Nux Vom is the remedy for many of the conditions of modern life. The typical Nux Vom patient is quick, active, nervous and irritable. He or she does a good deal of mental work and leads a highly stressful, sedentary life. These conditions produce an irritable, nervous system, hypersensitive and over-impressionable, which Nux Vom will do much to soothe and calm. The remedy is especially adapted to digestive disturbances and a zealous fiery temperament.
Answer Yes or No to the following 10 questions to determine if Nux Vom would suit you:
- Are you oversensitive to and irritated by noise, light and strong odours?
- Do you suffer from indigestion, bloating, burping from overeating?
- Are you a workaholic?
- Do you like fatty foods, rich foods, spicy foods or crave coffee, chocolate and stimulants such as tobacco?
- Are you a perfectionist and expect the same from others?
- Do you suffer from hangovers?
- Do you ever wake at 4 a.m. and find it difficult to go back to sleep?
- Do you suffer from heartburn?
- Are your symptoms worse from stimulants, not enough sleep, overeating?
- Do your symptoms improve as the day wears on, and do you feel better from eating, warmth and rest?
A ‘Yes’ answer to 4 or more of these questions indicates that you would benefit from the remedy Nux Vom.
Nux Vom restores balance in the workaholic and pacifies the irritated! It is the remedy indicated for all things ‘irritable’ – an irritable mood, irritable cough, irritable bowel and even irritation in response to stimuli such as noise and strong odours. It is also highly effective in treating conditions such as PMS, addictions, stress and outbursts of road rage.
All their potentised remedies are R70 and are available online and from Agents countrywide. Our potentised remedies are affordable, safe and highly effective. They work by restoring balance stimulating the body’s own healing powers.