The immense potential of solar energy is slowly being realised and the South African solar industry is experiencing steady growth. New policies, investments and major loan guarantees by institutions such as the African Development Bank have accelerated the development of this upcoming market.
A conference devoted to South African solar
On 25 January Solarplaza will be organising The Solar Future: South Africa, a conference devoted entirely to the South African solar market. During this interactive one-day event industry experts, key-decision makers and representatives from leading companies will explain and interpret the current status and development of the solar market in South Africa. The conference will also provide the perfect platform for extensive networking, allowing you to share thoughts and ideas with the most important players in the South African market.
The second part of the event takes place on 26 January and will consist of an interactive workshop and a networking safari trip. You are invited to join the workshop as a member of a select group of experts, putting their heads together to map out South Africa’s solar future. After this morning session the group will head into a National Park in the vicinity of Johannesburg for an afternoon of leisure and informal networking.
- Vishal Shah – Managing Director & Senior Analyst Alternative Energy, Deutsche Bank
- Karen Breytenbach – Senior Project Advisor PPP Unit, Department of National Treasury
- Mario Zen – Vice President Business Development, LDK Solar
- Morore Mashao – Executive manager, ESKOM
- Peet Du Plooy – Programme Manager: Sustainable Growth, Trade & Industrial Policy
- Scott Brodsky – Partner, Dewey and Leboeuf
- Omar Vajeth – Head of Power and Energy, ABSA Capital
- Natasha Wally – Assistant Vice President, Marsh
- Velaphi Msimang – Chief Director: Hydrogen and Energy subprogramme, Department of Science and Technology
- Edwin Koot – CEO, Solarplaza
- Session I: Policy and regulation Update and forecast for the South African PV market
- Session II: International experience with large scale PV power plants
- Session III: Financing of large solar PV power plants
- Session IV: What is the impact of international industry and market developments?
Date: 25-26 January 2012
Venue: The Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg
For whom: Industry players, entrepreneurs, investors, banks, governments, roof owners and others interested in the South-African PV Market
How much: €695.00
Solar future events impression
Solarplaza was founded in 2004 by Edwin Koot, a senior PV expert working in photovoltaic solar energy since 1994. The company has built a network of trusted friends and personal contacts all over the world. They been leading and inspiring the solar industry with high level events and trade missions for more than seven years, having organized more than 30 international PV trade missions and expert conferences in Germany, China, Spain, Italy, Greece, California, Taiwan, India, the UK and France.
The 17 years of experience in the global solar industry resulted in Solarplaza’s database of more than 25,000 solar energy businesses contacts. The solar industry newsletter SUN is distributed every working day to thousands of PV contacts and potential customers.
Visit their website (click here) to find out how you can contact the company and get involved.