So organic, so healthy, that your fingers will go green!
Based in picturesque Stellenbosch, well-established Green Road is a community-based, non-profit organisation that runs a rapidly growing organic/biodynamic food supply chain with three critical objectives in mind:
- To create a close relationship between farmer and consumer and to empower people through job opportunities created in local community pockets.
- To vigorously promote authentic, sustainable and responsible organic farming leading to improved product, food, soil management, yield and crop quality.
- To shorten the traditional food supply chain to minimise product waste, thereby providing farmers with greater income and customers with a real benefit.
This, then, is the environment in which you will be thriving in one of the following key, management positions reporting to the board in return for your proven management experience and green orientation.
Sales and Marketing
Your primary objective will be to grow the customer base by
- proactively selling the concept of Green Road:
- developing capacity (electronic media communications, meetings structures) to facilitate and grow customer interaction and education
- and supporting marketing strategy development.
A self-reliant and driven individual with comfortable, all-level interpersonal and communication skills, you boast proven marketing and/or sales management experience, backed by appropriate tertiary-level qualifications and vegetable/fruit production know-how, advantageous.
Operations & Supply Chain
Within the Central Hub, you will continuously develop the fruit & vegetable supply and distribution model, while managing the planning, procurement, quality and distribution of produce and the staff involved. Your farming/fresh produce related logistics and/or supply chain management experience is a given, together with your people and organisational skills, and ability to operate well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
MIS & Accounting
In this part-time (50%) position, your main focus will be on developing and implementing our alternative economic model and management information systems, using your know-how to develop a different way of financial thinking encompassing the interests of producers and customers alike. Your relevant tertiary-level qualifications should be accompanied by strong, proven financial and accounting systems development expertise together with high self-motivation, staff training and management experience. A real desire to learn and challenge current economic/financial norms, plus a genuine interest in organic food, will complete your profile.
Chef – Kitchen, Food Production & Bakery
As the profitable production, presentation and use of food is key here at Green Road, your tasks will include:
- produce quality meals from organic farm fresh produce
- managing the kitchen and bakery staff
- menu planning, ordering and stocktaking
- maintaining the highest health & safety standards
- supporting customer base development via food demonstrations, recipe preparation, food use and waste management initiatives.
Implicit, therefore, are your stand out, post-qualification management experience in the catering/food preparation field, your passion for and knowledge of organic food, plus excellent people, presentation, planning and organisational skills.
For one of these exceptional ‘green’ career opportunities and the win-win promise for all concerned, please send your maximum four page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 April 2014.
Also please visit us at www.greenroad.co.za