Aminergy is pleased to announce the running of the H2 SA 2014 – Hydrogen Power Summit – Harnessing, Commercializing and Growing Hydrogen power in South Africa –which runs from the 24th to the 25th February 2014 @ the Protea Balalaika Hotel, Sandton, Johannesburg in South Africa.
The summit has already attracted the interest of energy professionals both here in South Africa and abroad as industry strives to understand the opportunities that exist in the Hydrogen Power space.
Hydrogen (H2) is a potentially emissions-free alternative fuel, it is also the simplest and most abundant element in the universe. At Earth-surface temperatures and pressures, it is a colorless, odorless gas (H2), however, hydrogen is rarely found alone in nature. It is usually bonded with other elements such as water (H2O), hydrocarbons (such as methane, CH4), and other organic matter. Efficiently producing hydrogen from these compounds is one of the challenges of using hydrogen as a fuel.
Energy security a challenge
Energy security is a challenge that we all face whether this is due to a lack of resources or a dependence on global markets or more recently the prospect of dwindling resources. Hydrogen offers a solution to this in that it can be produced domestically from resources like natural gas, coal, solar energy, wind, and biomass.
Challenges that currently exist include storage, transportation and the cost of production.
South Africa holds a major advantage in this space in that Platinum and the PGMs are the key catalytic materials used in the production of most fuel cells. South Africa holds more the 75% of the world’s known PGM reserves and the benefits of this go beyond just the ability to fill the role of major supplier to worlds platinum needs.
In South Africa much debate continues around the beneficiation in the mining industry and the growth in the hydrogen and fuel cell markets creates exactly that kind of opportunity for the South African platinum mining industry.
H2 SA 2014 will explore where Hydrogen power is headed over the next 2 decades in so far as current markets and future markets are concerned. The summit will highlight current and new production technologies, the costs of these technologies and what the cost drivers are.
During the proceedings of the summit delegates will be taken through a complete SWOT analysis on the hydrogen power and fuel cells market highlighting how users and suppliers can best position themselves to take advantage of the benefits of this abundant and natural energy source.
Delegates attending the H2 SA 2014 Summit will discuss, learn about and exchange ideas around the following critical issues:
- Global and local policies around alternative energy sources and hydrogen.
- Local and international initiatives in the Hydrogen and Fuel Cell market
- Markets opportunities, identifying and positioning
- Drivers for developing the hydrogen market in South Africa
- Current and new Hydrogen production technologies
- The current hydrogen automotive market and initiatives to drive the transport sector forward
- A global and local perspective on the current Carbon emissions and government policy status
- Solar power and Hydrogen
- Biomass and Hydrogen
- Hydrogen as a backup power source
Who should attend:
- C-level Management
- Technical Directors
- Heads of Strategy, Marketing, Sales and Business Development
- Heads of Energy and Planning
- Legal advisors
- Corporate Finance Advisors
- Heads of Engineering
- Power Project Professionals
- Renewable and Alternative Energy Advisors
Our esteemed panel of speakers comprises both local and international experts in the Hydrogen power and energy environment including:
- Dr. David Hart – Director @ E4tech – International Guest Speaker and Chairman
- Ompi Aphane – Deputy Director General: Policy, Planning and Clean Energy @ Department of Energy
- Gavin Coetzer – CEO and Business Development Exec @ Clean Energy Investments
- Dr Dmitri Bessarabov – Director: DST HySA Infrastructure Center of Competence
- Kim Taylor – Global Sales Director @ ACTA Spa – International Guest Speaker
- Dr Cosmas Chiteme – Director: Hydrogen and Energy @ Department of Science and Technology
- Karim Kassam – Vice President, Business & Corporate Development @ Ballard Power Systems Inc – International Guest Speaker
- Taras Wankewycz – Co-founder, Chief Marketing Officer @ Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies Pte Ltd – International Guest Speaker
- Professor John Jostins – CEO of Microcab Industries Ltd – International Guest Speaker
Should there be any further questions about the summit please contact Chris Gaud at email@example.com.
Delegates travelling into Johannesburg for the summit are requested to get in touch with our summit operations manager Adele Olivier for assistance and advice on accommodation arrangements. Delegates staying at the event venue will qualify for special discount at the hotel please make contact with Adele Olivier on firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance in this regard.
Download full programme and registration form here.