Green Times is a free social-environmental and educational news platform responding to the biggest story of the 21st century – climate change.
Worldwide there is an escalating need for the news media to inform the public about climate and environmental solutions and constructive responses, yet particularly in the developing world this is not happening. Africa is simultaneously the most vulnerable continent to climate change and the most ignorant too.
For the first 5 years our work was privately funded by the Editor, assisted by Nedbank and some green companies. However, this was not a sustainable model. We now need our readers to join our community and help ensure we can reach more vulnerable people and inspire a culture of responsibility towards the Earth.
How to help?
- Join Club 1000: Support by donating a monthly amount of between R50 and R200 via EFT. This way we aim to, in time, cover 50% of our running costs and train and appoint an eco journalist in every major city in South Africa. The rest we are hoping to cover by means of corporate or philanthropic funding. Here are our banking details with Nedbank, Somerset West, branch code 106012, account number 1060252708 and the name is Green Times Publications.
- Join as a Friend: Contribute in kind and become a solutionary too. Our platform is open to collaboration, cooperation and contributions from anyone concerned about a sustainable future:
- If you are a trained writer you could help cover events – learn about climate and environmental science, constructive responses and meet the country’s hands-on and pro-active green leaders. Your life will never be the same. Be part of the solution.
- Currently we particularly need help from an IT developer to help us with a few tweaks and someone who could donate a few hours per month would be a God sent.
- If you have a green heart and sales experience, why not help with sales – you can earn good commission this way. Meet those who turn a crisis into an opportunity and lead the new business world towards a green planet.
- We take on qualified journalists as interns to learn the craft of writing for the earth, while deepening your environmental understanding and the role of mankind in transforming how we live and work. Earn your service hours with us in a positive and enthusiastic environment, grow yourself and your CV.
- If you love social media and would like to intern for us, we need you.
If you are interested in participating, please send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your particular ideas and CV if necessary. Please insert HELP into the subject line. Kindly be in touch if you plan to DONATE, so that we can thank you and add you to our Club for updates and feedback.