A great position for a sharp minded solarpreneur is going at SunFire Solution, run by Crosby Menzies for the past 10 years as SA’s leading Solar Cooker Company.
SunFire was created to assist 3 billion people reliant on firewood every day to access clean cooking technologies and, in the process, create an equal footing for the women and children who carry most of the burden of this lifestyle.
This also puts more money in the hands of the family and addresses the overall roots of poverty. They have a strong connection with treesas habitat for so much of the continent’s biodiversity. Sourcing fuel for daily cooking is a major source of deforestation, while indoor air pollution has overtaken malaria in terms of cause of death.
SunFire has the solution and they need to rapidly step up their efforts.
SunFire Solutions specializes in technologies that can be deployed quickly and relatively inexpensively, providing immediate relief while offering new and innovative inclusive business opportunities to communities using state of the art technologies.
SunFire is looking to diversify their business offering to assist ALL citizens access sustainable technologies and in the process curb climate change. The vision is to grow the company rapidly, building up a large war chest to tackle the issues other businesses can’t or won’t.
In search of the right person
SunFire Solutions is looking to expand with a young business minded individual who thinks from the heart. Initially they will be a two man team. Crosby is looking to hand over the reins of the day-to-day operations, while brainstorming strategies to grow the business and create new projects.
After a 6-months to 1-year trial period the ideal candidate will receive a share of the company. It’s essential to work well together and grow SunFire into one of the Leading Solar Companies in SA.
SunFire has built an amazing platform and contact base to expand from. The right person will help grow this opportunity and contribute towards pioneering new and innovative business and distribution models.
The Ideal candidate needs to be:
- Someone that thinks strategically and can help map out a clear path for this young company
- An excellent and presentable salesperson able to approach large retailers while building up informal agent networks
- Comfortable doing corporate presentations, exhibitions and demos (townships and exhibition halls)
- Comfortable with power point, updating websites, social media, Youtube channels etc. A bonus would be someone able to create basic graphics
- A good record keeper of contacts, projects, agents, distribution channels etc – comfortable with Excel
- Interested in renewable technologies with a view to being able to design and possibly oversee installations of solar pv systems
- Have a global overview of the industry and stay up to date with trends and new tech
- Excellent client care and day-to-day business management skills
- A good sense of humour and a tough resolve to “get the job done in these challenging times.”
- A strong and committed work ethic
- Own car, laptop and smart phone
- An ability to positively engage with all strata of South African society.
The ideal candidate has preferably travelled beyond SA borders and is familiar with international customs and business practices.
SunFire was created to address the biggest challenge facing humanity and in the process build a thriving business model to help “us” all move beyond the disparities in our society to a climate worth living in. They are looking for a similar minded individual with the vision, drive and core belief that this is possible.