Aimed at small, medium and large solar PV plant installers, the next one-day training course hosted by SUNCybernetics is scheduled for Friday, 8 November 2013 at the Solar Training Center SA, based at North West University (NWU), Potchefstroom.
The course covers theory and a practical demonstration on the recently installed NWU solar PV installation. Topics provide the basics to get electricians and interested installers off to a practical start in the solar PV industry.
The following is covered:
- Irradiation in South Africa
- PV-Cells and how they make up the module’s effectiveness
- Considerations for system installation optimising the roof space or on stand-alone applications
- Using checklists for system construction for roof cladding, mounting, building orientation and roof sub-structure
- Inverters and accumulators
- Wiring diagrams and cabling do’s and don’ts
- Protecting the electrical system of the PV installation through fuses, circuit breakers and surge arresters
- Simple and advanced PV system monitoring
- Isolation metering and metering of modules and strings
- Plan project logistics, timelines, quality control and safety aspects
Book now to avoid disappointment as space is limited. Online booking available at www.suncy.com.
SUNCybernetics is a joint partnership formed between South African energy engineering company, Energy Cybernetics and SUNfarming in Germany. SUNCybernetics is a small, medium and large scale solar PV solution provider and utilises the Solar Training Centre of South Africa’s offerings to keep the market informed and educated on the possibilities of the PV market.