On Saturday and Sunday, 25-6 September Spin 4 Charity, a non-profit organisation, will be hosting an environmental Spinning Challenge in Muizenberg in collaboration with Earthwave and 350.org. This is a forerunner to the International Workday organised by 350.org on 10/10/2010 across the world.
Head down to the Muizenberg Waterfront to cycle a stationary bicycle to music, entertainment and guest speakers, including the Green Times! They are looking for 350 spinners at various times from 10am until 5pm.This is an environmental fundraiser at a voluntary donation of R50 per person per hour or R25 per person per 30 minutes to raise funds to purchase a share in a Solar Panel operated LED floodlight to be donated to the Zandvlei Estuary.
Amongst recording your own carbon footprint by CAPS, various other organisations will educate participants and their families on the environment.
- Mandi Venter, Miss Bikini finalist last year, will be talking on Nutrition.
- Third Rock Energy is sponsoring a Solar Panel and providing 3 mountain bikes to power up LED lights during the event.
- Oddwheels will demonstrate what you can do on a Unicycle.
- Cape Contours are sponsoring plants for a lucky draw.
- Earthwave Guinness World Record will attempt to beat the record for the most surfers on one wave – they hold the title for 110 last year.
This event is open to the whole family with lucky draw prizes and great fun. They would like to challenge all High Schools, corporates, businesses and YOU to come and support them.