WWF-SA is looking for applications for the position of Graduate Development Programme Co-ordinator, to support the work of its Environmental Leaders Program. The program aims to support the development of new and current leaders for the environment.
The Graduate Development Programme is currently focused on the placement of post graduate interns within WWF-SA and in associated organizations in collaboration with other key environmental agencies.
- Location: Newlands, Western Cape
- 1 year contract
- Applications close 27 July
Reporting to the Senior Manager: Environmental Leaders Programme, the Graduate Development Co-ordinator’s responsibilities will include:
a) Supporting the placement of post graduate interns
b) Supporting the induction of post graduate interns
c) Supporting the strengthening of mentoring practices amongst host
organisations and identified mentors
d) Project administration
e) Cross-sectoral collaboration around related human capital development
- A post graduate qualification in education, training and development and/or an environmental management or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African environmental sector, role players and respective mandates
- Knowledge and understanding of the skills development context in SA would be an added advantage
- Administrative and project management skills
- Stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills
- Computer literacy in word processing (MS Word), spread sheets (Excel), databases (Access), email and presentations (MS PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both orally and written
- Fluency in at least two South African languages
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation essential
Please view the WWF SA website for more details on the Environmental Leadership programme. If you have these attributes and are seeking a career development opportunity to strengthen your experience and capacity in human capital development in the environment sector, send an abridged curriculum vitae of no more than three pages, including the names and current contact details of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 27 July 2012.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within four weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has been unsuccessful. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.