At Spier we seek to employ people who compliment our current team. Warm and generous individuals who care about others (fellow staff members, our guests and surrounding communities), who are vibrant and creative in their approach to their jobs and the Vision of Spier. We look for purposeful individuals who are concerned about our environment, people and the sustainability of our business. Individuals who can and do make a difference!
And the individual we’re looking for at present is a Restaurant Manager who will join the team at ‘Eight’, our signature farm-to-table eating experience. Like its name, the restaurant is an expression of balance, cycles, harmony, infinity and abundance .
Key duties and responsibilities:
- ‘Live and breathe’ the ethos of Eight, inspiring a passion for – and sharing knowledge of – sustainable living and how that translates into our business.
- Convert that passion into action by overseeing daily operations and maintaining overall responsibility for F&B service in the restaurant.
- Provide an exciting farm-to-table experience for our guests (while ensuring seamless service) and a positive work environment for team members through compliance with quality and operational standards.
- Prepare and monitor annual Operating, Capex & OE budgets, costs, control systems and procedures.
- Create concepts, plan execution and ensure stock maximisation for group functions/special events.
- Monitor and control cash flow, stock control, credit control and debtors, management reports and budgets.
- Champion training programmes and development of staff to build high performance teams.
- Understand Spier’s values and strategic goals and work within these parameters while challenging convention and looking for ‘new and better ways of doing things’.
Skills, experience and educational requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Food & Beverage Operations or similar
- Knowledge of and demonstrable passion for ethical food/ sustainable living practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a hands-on management approach
- Technology proficient with excellent time management skills
- Strong financial acumen with proven skill in translating ‘the numbers’ to appropriate action
- Positive proactive approach, with proven success at managing a team
- Strong admin focus with superior organisational skills
A creative and innovative thinker, willing and able to inspire teams with a desire to exceed guest expectations at all times
If you feel this is you, please send your concise CV and an inspiring letter to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference number OPS/1105/GTRM8 in the subject line.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 7 June 2011.
Please note due to the anticipated volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Spier is fully committed to achieving its Employment Equity Goals and preference will be given to applicants who enhance our ability to achieve these goals.