A growing movement of people have decided that they will support the political party with a commitment to sustainable development “enough for all, for ever.”
They will vote for the political party that demonstrates unequivocal commitment to urgently shifting our country onto a clean, green, just and people–centred sustainable development path by:
- Shutting down investment and subsidies for fossil-fuel based energy;
- Shifting all energy investments to clean energy, energy efficiency and addressing climate change.
They believe that a shift from fossil fuels to clean energy will result in the following:
- rapid increase in employment and new business opportunities needed to overcome unemployment;
- rapid improvement in public health and reduction in lives lost to fossil fuel pollution;
- empowering people to improve their lives through clean, decentralized energy options, led by solar;
- investing in ‘ecological infrastructures’ to ensure continued provision of necessary ecosystem services including clean water, air and unpolluted and productive land;
- provision of equitable access to and sustainable use and management of, these natural resources, including land and water;
- greater investment in green sectors based on our natural resources, such as tourism and agroecology;
- through all of this improving and providing new opportunities for our people to lead dignified ecological lives.