14 April 2011
Kenilworth Racecourse, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
With the growing awareness of the detrimental environmental effects of current waste disposal methods there is a significant onus of accountability for effective waste management. The new Waste Act and City of Cape Town’s IWM By-law require more sustainable practices and safer solutions in commerce and industry.
Will your business comply with the act? Do you know what this means for your business? How can compliance with the act benefit your business? National government, cities and municipalities are required to learn about and understand the act, to develop standards and to begin enforcing these standards in industry and business in South Africa.
Introducing the Waste in Business Seminar – an event that seeks to educate businesses about the latest legislation and compliance requirements as well as provide practical solutions.
- This Seminar will bring together some of the city’s business stakeholders who will be playing meaningful roles in either initiating sustainable waste management and reduction projects and policy or specifying and manufacturing the products and technologies that will change the way we deal with waste in South Africa.
- Top South African speakers and a Q&A/Debate session will be jam-packed into this 1-day Seminar which will be held in Cape Town at the Kenilworth Racecourse.
- The Seminar will be accompanied by an exhibition of industry products and services and delegates will be able to network with the country’s sector decision-makers as they enjoy a tea and lunch service between sessions.
- “Legislation Changes, Compliance and the New By-Laws, Economic Risks and Opportunities of the New Waste Legislation”, “Business Upsides and Downsides of the Extended Producer Responsibility Principle”, “Beyond Compliance – Introducing Eco-Efficiency to Create Cost Savings” and “Communication, Sustainable Behaviour Change and Market Advantage” will be among the topics discussed at the seminar including practical case studies.
- The Waste Revolution Seminar Series is a micro-event and limited delegate seats are available.
- The seminar will include a networking cocktail function.
- The E-Waste Alliance will be running a collection drive at the Seminar so please bring any electronic goods that you would like to recycle.
Reserve Your Seat
Today is your last chance to book. These are your booking form options: