How will the shift in waste law change how you manage your business & grow the Green Economy?
PETCO will be hosting an information sharing workshop titled “Law and Order: an overview of waste law in South Africa” aimed at giving a broad overview of the South African environmental legal framework, the implications for the waste management & recycling sector and the opportunities for stimulating & growing the Green Economy.
Join a host of industry experts who will help grow your understanding of the environmental legal risks & opportunities within your area of work & expertise.
- Date: 18 March 2014
- Time: 9h30 for 10h00 start till 13h00
- Venue: Didata Campus, Black River Parkway, Observatory, Cape Town
- 09:30 Arrival, registration & refreshments
- 10:00 PETCO welcome (Cheri Scholtz: PETCO)
- 10:05 Broad overview of recent environmental & waste legislation & implications for the waste management & recycling sector (Eddie Hanekom: Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning)
- 10:25 The recent Regulatory Impact Assessment findings & status quo for the Western Cape (Susan Oelofse: CSIR)
- 10:45 Challenges in legal compliance on the ground- a consultant’s viewpoint (Sally-Anne Kassner: Jeffares and Green)
- 11:05 Developing the Waste Economy- an overview of Greencape initiatives including WISP (Gracia Munganga: Greencape)
- 11:25 Presentation by legal consult (to be confirmed)
- 11:45 Discussion/ Q&A
- 12:00 Lunch & Networking
Note that a workshop fee of R 150 applies for non-PETCO members & members that are in arrears, pre-payment of fee confirms your place at the workshop.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to register!