Biodiversity Expo, Kirstenbosch
5 May 2011 from 9:00 to 16:00
How do we communicate science with the general public in such a way that our readers are engaged, energized and hooked for more?
We will explore bridging the gap between science and society by:
- Writing with power and passion
- Cutting the grey noise which puts the non-scientist to sleep
- Combining creativity and imagination with observation and accuracy
- Marrying the left brain’s detail and logic with the right brain’s passion and big picture thinking
- Implementing fascination to inspire a new way of seeing and responding to the world
- Engaging the whole body through all senses
- Contracting the reader as a co-creative partner in your work
- Using fun, humour and play to keep it light and entertaining
- We will break for lunch. Bring your own, or we could go to the restaurant. The cost is R500 for the day. Please book with email@example.com or call 021 855 0518 .