- This event has passed.
Introduction to PV Solar Training
March 6, 2014 @ 10:00 - 16:00
The Solar Training Centre of South Africa’s introductory course to photovoltaic (PV) solar presents a generic training module of learning on the possibilities of PV technology and using solar radiation as an energy source, the basic functionality of PV systems and the different types of applications and their potential for South Africa and the world.
This is the first module in a series of modules to follow and is presented, in conjunction with SUNCybernetics, at a reduced rate on 6 March 2013 in Potchefstroom from 10h00 to 16h00.
An introduction to the world of PV technology and its markets, different PV-systems available using examples with the main topics being presented:
- Radiation, modules, inverters, under-construction, accumulator and stand-alone PV-plants,
- Electric circuits: small and large scale plants
- Protection of electric circuits and calculation of wiring profiles,
- Design and control of fuses,
- Design of overvoltage, lightning and EMF-protection,
- Basics of monitoring and bus-systems,
- Metering and control of modules and strings, including insulation metering,
- Debugging and troubleshooting in PV-plants,
- Preparation, planning, project execution and commissioning of PV-plant installations.
- No pre-qualification or experience required,
- Those interested in studying the potential of PV in South Africa,
- Engineers and architects,
- Technicians, installers, and electricians.
The cost of this one-day course is R 1,250.00* (excl) per person *Fee includes: course, textbooks, coffee, tea and biscuits, as well as lunch. Limited seats available.
Register online here.
For more information please contact:
Tel +27(0)18 297 5908