- This event has passed.
Greenpop Zambia Festival of Action HYPE Event
February 18, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Experience Zambia in the Mother City! The Greenpop Zambia Festival of Action 2015, Greenpop’s 4th annual project in Livingstone, will happen again this June and July. It just keeps getting better, and Greenpop is spreading the word and inviting volunteers to join on this epic, life-changing adventure!
To create some hype around the project, give you a taste of the Zambian experience and answer questions face-to-face they are hosting this fun-filled, interactive event.
Come experience a taste of Zambia in the Mother City:
- Get your “passport” to Zambia and experience a bit of the Festival of Action, collecting stamps throughout the evening to be entered to win one free week in Zambia (including transportation!) – you must be present to win.
- Make your mark: Add some color and creativity to our collective paint-by-numbers wall mural.
- Learn the logistics: It’s easier than you think to get to Zambia for the Festival of Action. Get travel and transport details and learn about our Trees for Fees program.
- Meet Uncle Benji, the famous Greenpop Director of Trees in Zambia.
- Hear about some of the magic behind the mission with an entertaining panel discussion by some of the amazing people who have first-hand experience of the project.
- Delicious food and drinks will introduce you to, or remind you of, the flavours of Zambia.
- Get your creative juices flowing with ideas for and information about the Reliance Compost Creations Contest.
- Get a real taste of the Zambia Festival of Action experience and find out how you as an individual, school, or company, can get involved in this life-changing project.
Greenpop Zambia Festival of Action
This truly epic experience run by Greenpop. The fourth annual Zambia Festival of Action will take place 28 June -19 July (the first week dedicated to a school groups programme).
The project integrates volunteers from around the world with the local communities – who come together to get their hands dirty, plant trees and get active for the environment. The eco education workshops have depth, the impact is strong and the friendships and connections are for a lifetime.
The Greenpop Zambia Festival of Action Hype Event brings a true taste of this festival to life in Cape Town, calling on the media, past participants, and a community of intrigued active citizens to come together to learn more about the Zambia Festival of Action and how they can join Greenpop on this adventure in activism.
Greenpop is on a mission to (re)connect people with our planet by planting trees in urban greening and reforestation projects and hosting green events, educational workshops and festivals of action to inspire people to get active about a sustainable future.