- This event has passed.
Soil minerals & mineralisation workshop
November 26, 2014 @ 08:00 - November 27, 2014 @ 17:00
MODULE 2: WORKSHOP ON SOIL MINERALS AND MINERALISATION IN DETAIL
The deliverables of this workshop is to have a deep understanding of the many varied yet essential minerals and elements in your soil in order to manage the supply and uptake of nutrition and minerals to your trees and plants, and to maintain a healthy balanced ecosystem so that your orchards and environment remain healthy and pest/disease free.
To understand the WHY when “things go wrong” in your orchard, garden, farm. This understanding will prevent you from immediately running to the nearest Consultant or Input Supplier to buy whatever they tell you, because that is what they sell. My experiences on my farm have taught me I have spent a fortune on products I did not always need, and on some that did more harm than good. I have come to understand there is an incredible BALANCE in place where everything works together, and things can “go wrong” when just one of them is out of balance. Unless we have a deep understanding of how it all works and fits together we will always be reacting and perhaps causing more imbalances.
“Prevention rather than cure” is sound advice, and as farming is already an unbalanced activity, sometimes we need to intervene and re-balance. This workshop aims to give you the knowledge and tools to know how to do both in the best way possible.
The workshop covers the following:
- Taking the information from Module 1 on Roots, Micro-organisms, Plant pathology, and understanding it all in a more detailed and deeper way.
- We study each Mineral/Nutrient. Why is it necessary, what does it do , what happens when it is missing and how does it work with other nutrients. For both plants and Humans. “We are what we eat”.
- There will be a practical element of analysing a Soil Analysis and understanding it. Remedial steps to take.
- The steps to take when there is pest or disease. How to discover the cause and find the solutions.
- Practical elements where we walk the olive orchards and gardens.
If you are unable or do not feel the need to attend, please do send this along to your network.
The only way we will halt and reverse the environmental and health crisis we live in, is to “go back” to working WITH Nature in every way. As we “are what we eat” everything starts with the soil from whence comes our food.