- This event has passed.
Sustainable Brands Conference Cape Town
May 14, 2016 @ 08:00 - May 17, 2016 @ 17:00
Sustainable Brands Cape Town announces its vibrant line-up of over 100 speakers who will lead the discussions into HOW to innovate your brand for sustainability NOW.
The 4 day conference will be held at Century City Conference Centre from 14 – 17 May bringing local and global thought leaders together.
Now a decade in development it is exciting to see the Sustainable Brands Community represented on the African continent, and even more exciting to have youth participation for the first time as well.
The youth day is named the Future Leaders Sessions and is taking place on Sat 14th May between 1& 6pm at Century City Convention Centre as part of the main conference program see topics below.
We, the Change Agent Collective have selected young and inspiring innovators, entrepreneurs and positive change agents through our network of partners and associations to participate in the
Future Leaders 2016 program and invite YOU to collaborate in it’s dynamic growth into the next decade.
Topics covered on the Future Leaders program:
- Opening plenary session setting the context about global environmental issues every generation should know.
- Case studies showcasing sustainable solutions
- Identifying a truly sustainable company and measuring its progress.
- Planning for a sustainable and inclusive city; issuing a call for the youth to participate in city design with Future Cape Town.
- Building brands with purpose
- The slow food revolution: how it is inspiring youth to grow their own food.
- Growing a Treevolution: how companies are partnering with citizens to re-forest the world.
- Enterprise development and communications: how companies are implementing solutions from the inside out.
- Breakaway sessions to explore the Water, Energy and Food nexus.
- Debates on education and youth empowerment
- Mind expanding, heart warming conversations inspiring positive change
Avid youth, apply here
Are you a change maker? Do you have a passionate desire to contribute to the regeneration of our society and environment through your studies and work? Do you want to build a business that is positively profitable? Would you like to be part of a collective of thought-leaders in business that are making this change from the inside out?
Butler’s Pizza has gifted 50 Future Leaders (18 – 35 years old) to apply for full conference passes to conference.
Here’s how to apply:
- Like the Butler’s Facebook page.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading: FUTURE LEADER/your name
- Attach a photo of you with a short profile of you as a Change Maker for networking purposes.
- Bonus points for brilliant How Now project ideas – How business and brands (and/or) how youth can lead South Africa now.
The speakers and topics include:
- Mohamed Samir, President: India, Middle East and Africa, Procter and Gamble – “P&G’s best brand stories from Africa where growth and social development have become inseparable”
- Seapei Mafoyane, CEO, Shanduka Black Umbrellas – “Enterprise development and how innovation and entrepreneurship are key to social and economic transformation”
- Jason Drew, African Innovations Foundation Prize winner and mastermind behind the award-winning AgriProtein business that is transforming the animal feed market by using organic waste to generate protein-rich feed for livestock – “The Environmental Capitalist – how innovation is transforming energy and food security”
- Saint-Francis Tohlang, South Africa’s leading young business mind and trends analyst – “New pathways to development and how brands can emulate human qualities in creatively contributing to social and environmental solutions that will lead to new developmental pathways in emerging markets”
- Dr David North, Former UK Head: Corporate Affairs, TESCO, and now Group Executive: Strategy and Corporate Affairs, Pick n Pay – “How the food retailing industry has adapted to meet the new demands of managing food security and supply chains”
- David Schwartz, sustainability entrepreneur, designer and researcher from the United States, will share case studies from his personal international experiences with Fortune 500 organisations, NGOs and social enterprises – “Examining how design and development can influence entrepreneurs, policymakers and all others dedicated to the pursuit of social impact”
- See full list of speakers here.
Rashid Toefy, MD, MCI South Africa, says: “We are incredibly excited to bring this event to the African continent. Sustainability is a key development area in South Africa and a field in which our country has shown global leadership. It is also quite significant that the event will take place in Cape Town, a city that has been at the forefront of innovation in terms of sustainability.” During his tenure as CEO of the Cape Town International Convention Centre, Toefy was instrumental in ensuring that the centre was one the world’s leading sustainable convention centres.
“This conference will be the business networking event of 2016,” states Joanne Yawitch, CEO, NBI. Deon Robbertze, Programme Director, Sustainable Brands Cape Town, and Director, CHANGE AGENT COLLECTIVE, notes: “The programme for this first event on the African continent has been carefully curated to showcase and inspire how sustainability-led innovation is the core focus of brands that are leading a new economy based on transparency, innovation and purpose.”