Now there is a new way that you can save energy in your home. By installing a Heat Pump it is possible to reduce the electricity consumption in your home by 30%.
We were excited to find out about SIRAC, a world leader in Heat Pump technology. Their heat pumps are designed to provide maximum efficiency and reliability in extreme climatic conditions. SIRAC provides products both commercially and domestically.
How does a heat pump work? A heat pump is a highly efficient, cost effective method of heating water. It utilizes the sun’s free energy by extracting heat from the sun-warmed air and transferring it efficiently to the water. Because the heat pump moves the free heat from the outside air to the water, rather than create heat, as a fossil fuel or electric resistance heater does, it can heat your geyser water for up to 70% less cost than these other less efficient methods. As the ambient temperatures change, the heating output of a heat pump will vary.
However, even when temperatures are cooler the heat pump continues to transfer heat between air and water. SIRAC heat pumps are designed to operate between -15°c and 40°c ambient temperature.
Save mega electricity
Heat pumps offer great savings in electrical consumption. Heat pumps effectively replace the electrical element in a standard boiler, through utilizing solar energy. SIRAC Heat Pumps are supplied with user friendly wired remote controllers that allow quick and easy access to water temperature, running times and system diagnostics. They will benefit anyone who has a reliance on consistent hot water availability around the home, or whose clients and staff demand hot water on a regular basis, for example in guesthouses, hotels and shopping centres.
Not only is the geyser heat pump environmentally responsible it also:
- provides fast hot water recovery at temperatures up to 60°C
- uses up to 70% less household energy, freeing up power for other appliances and costing you less
- quiet operation, with no unsightly solar collectors on the roof
- compact and easy to install plug in system – operates with standard high pressure or low pressure geysers or storage cylinders
- can be retro-fitted to existing geysers and boilers
- can be used in conjunction with solar heaters
- fully automatic control with adjustable water temperature setting
There is also an option to fit these pumps into pools and spas. They are affordable and their high efficiency keeps your electricity bill to a minimum. SIRAC has vast experience in this market having supplied heat pumps for Olympic Training pools in Australia and many local sites. Heat Pump technology uses Solar Energy.
Unlike conventional electric or fossil fuel fired water heaters, heat pumps take heat from the surrounding air and transfer it to the water. They require a small portion of electrical energy to achieve a high rating of heat energy.
Other benefits to this system are:
- The pump is a compact, easy to install plug in system
- The titanium heat exchanger prevent corrosion from pool chemicals
- It has a fully automatic control with an adjustable water temperature setting
- The pump is suitable for retrofits and new installations
- It is low maintenance