The moment to mobilise on a large scale has come: our next court hearing on the nuclear deal is on Wednesday 22 February and we really need your support.
We will be marching from Parliament to the Cape High Court to show government that we care about a just energy future and won’t allow them to push through secret decisions.
- Where: Cape Town Parliament – Cape High Court
- When: 9 – 10am on 22 February
We will be gathering for a Vigil in front of Parliament from 7am onwards, before the march begins.
- 8:15am – Gather for the march
- 8:30 – 9am – March from Parliament to Cape High Court
- 9am – Gather outside Cape High Court
- 9:15 – 9:45am – Speakers addressing the marchers
- 12:30pm – Speak out and update on court proceedings
After the march we will remain outside court and will have a short debrief at 12:30pm.
As some of you may know, we have joined hands with Right2Know, AIDC, the Green Anglicans, Million Climate Jobs and others for the Stop the Secret Trillion Rand Deal campaign and together we want to make a BIG impact on the 22nd February and show our support for the lawyers and the important task they have at hand.
Get involved! Join us to say no to secrecy and no to nuclear! #StopSecretNukeDeal
A significant moment for SA’s future
Please spread the word and bring your colleagues, friends and family – this is a significant moment for South Africa’s future.
If you cannot make it, please keep us in your thoughts and pray for a fair process in court – but we really hope to see you there! Please forward to your network.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Tuesday 21 February to confirm the number of people you will bring to join us.
- Check out the Facebook event page here.