Do you think you have a plan for changing the world? It’s time to make it a reality!
There is a course tailored for those who already have an idea for a start-up and want to learn from seasoned experts about all the areas you need to think of before starting-up.
Muhammad Yunus, Scilla Elworthy, Jean-Remy von Matt and 34 other leaders share their secrets to success in the DO School Start-Up Lab. Stop wondering, and start DOing!
What will I learn?
- to have a clear idea about the societal relevance and value added by my venture and a plan for maximizing my social impact
- to have consolidated the project and resource planning for my venture
- to have developed my revenue model and financing strategy and taken first steps to fundraising for my venture
- to have defined my legal and organizational requirements and taken the first steps towards the set-up of my organization
- to have defined my human resource strategy and needs and taken action to meet them
- to know what is unique about my venture and how I communicate it to my target groups.
What do I have to know?
No specific skills are required other than passion for an issue or opportunity that you want to address for the better of your society. However, this course is ideal for people who already have a concrete start-up idea as it supports the actual implementation of relevant first steps in implementing such an idea. It doesn’t matter whether you want to create a not-for-profit or for-profit venture.
If you don’t have a concrete idea yet, the course will be valuable to distill your idea and find out about what it takes to start-up successfully.
If you really work on implementing your venture idea, we expect you to commit at least 12 hours a week in order to complete the course materials, make use of the worksheets and do the necessary research and work to start implementing your venture. If you just take the course as a primer and because you think about starting something up soon, you will need about 3-4 hours minimum per week.
Students can earn the official Statement of Participation by completing at least 80% of the course requirements.
- Enrol for free here.